Solving the Crisis
There is an orphan crisis in America today
Since 1997, 4KIDS has been working to solve the modern-day orphan crisis across South Florida and the Treasure Coast. 4KIDS provides hope for every child in crisis through a continuum of care model.
- Emergency Care: SafePlace 4KIDS in Palm Beach County provides a refuge for children when they are first removed from their home.
- Foster Care: In Broward, Palm Beach, and the Treasure Coast counties 4KIDS recruits, trains and licenses loving, Christian foster families to open their homes to kids in crisis—serving hundreds of children and teens every year.
- Crisis Pregnancy: 4KIDS also cares for young women who are facing a crisis pregnancy through our maternity and aftercare homes, His Caring Place. By equipping young women to be successful moms, we break the cycle for the next generation.
- Independent Living: When a young adult turns 18 in the foster care system they are often left with no options and have nowhere to go. 4KIDS Independent Living Program offers community, homes, and resources to help young adults thrive.
- Therapy: 4KIDS EPIC Approach addresses the emotional, physical, intellectual, and character based needs of kids who come from hard places. With EPIC children, teens, and young adults can experience healing from past trauma.
Through this unique model 4KIDS has been able to impact over 20,000 lives since 1997 and is committed to continuing to passionately advocate and serve kids until every child has a home.
2016 PROGRAM STATS
Last year, 1,778 children, teens, and young adults experienced love, protection, and for many, a home and family. You provided over 109,000 safe and loving nights of care for kids. Across all 4KIDS programs and foster families 346,196 meals were served with love – thanks to you! Here’s what else you made possible:
1,078 children were given refuge at SafePlace.
238 foster families across 6 Florida counties served a total of 613 children in foster care.
225 moms and babies were impacted through our His Caring Place maternity homes, life skills classes & crisis calls.
260 young men and women received support and community through our Spirit of Success Institute.
397 children and families received counseling and training through 4KIDS EPIC Approach.